Thursday, March 1, 2012

Love Rain


So let us know, let us press on to know the LORD. His going forth is as certain as the dawn; And He will come to us like the rain, Like the spring rain watering the earth.”{Hosea 6:3}
Rain. Rain. Rain. I am thankful that through the heavy, or sprinkling rains that comes down have departed the Lord reminded me of something powerful: my Father’s love rains on me as the spring rain rains on the earth.  Wow – that’s heavy!

My God is not stingy with His love. He doesn’t just sprinkle His love over my life, He rains it down over me so completely and thoroughly that it drenches me with His presence.  From the top of my head, to the tip of my toes, through my clothes and my sins and the things of this world that cover me, His love washes over me so completely there is no way to ignore Him. His love brings nourishment and refreshment and gets down deep into the soil of my heart causing life to burst forth; His love perks up what has been languishing without His life giving water. Forget the umbrella – this is rain that I want to dance and play in!
As I set out on my day today, I am so thankful to have TRUTH protecting my heart.  No matter what the adversary may want to throw at me, TRUTH is what says to me, “Maribel”, just as you can’t stop the rains falling on the earth, who shall separate me from the love of Christ? Shall trouble or hardship or persecution or famine or nakedness or danger or sword? No, Maribel, nothing will separate you because you are Mine… and I love you. {Romans 8:35} So do not fear, for I am with you; do not be dismayed, for I am your God. I will strengthen you and help you; I will uphold you with my righteous right hand. {Isaiah 41:10}

Gracious Lord, thank you for overwhelming me with your love! Thank you that I can’t hide from you love even if I try – just as I cannot hide from the spring rains that touch every part of your beautiful creation. Thank you that your love washes me clean and refreshes my soul. I need you, I love you, and I am so thankful to be your child.  In Jesus’ precious name, Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment