Friday, March 2, 2012

Shaping Your Life

I don’t know about you, but I’ve got some things going on right now in my life that I would like to have some control over.  In reality, they couldn’t be further out of my grasp.  I have no say, no control…just going along for the ride and waiting on God to show me the next step.  It’s hard,  it’s tiring, and on some days completely exhausting.  But, I know He has a plan and His timing is perfect, so he will reveal it to me when He’s ready.

The world and our life experiences shapes us, molds us, makes us who we are.  Each one of us are works of art, being shaped and molded into the person that we are today.  We are all clay on the potter’s wheel of life.  Unfortunately, through trials and hardships of this world, some of us have become dry and hard.  We harbor brokenness, loneliness and sadness.

As I read the scripture in {Jeremiah 18:4} But the pot he was shaping from the clay was marred in his hands; so the potter formed it into another pot, shaping it as seemed best to himSee, just the same, God can smash us down into a lump of clay, and removes those impurities and take our mistakes, our imperfections, even our control issues and make them into something new and beautiful that will serve His purpose.

I have learned to completely surrender my life to Him.  Not just the parts that are hard or that I don’t want, but all of it.  I have to trust that if I surrender my tight hold on this situation that I have been desperately trying to control, if I truly let go, then I can be free to see God’s hand at work and I can trust that it will turn out just as He had planned
  • How often do we try to control our lives in the same way instead of letting our potter, our God, mold us into HIS purpose for our lives? 
 God knows our pain and suffering.  He wants to shape us into awesome women.  He knows our strengths and potential to do great things.  Why don’t you ask Him to be the Potter of your life.  Stop allowing the world to fashion you.  The Lord adds drops of water to each one of us to make us more supple and pliable.  He forms and shapes us into what He intended for us to be, but you must allow Him to work through you. 

Whatever experiences in life have shattered you, or someone has hurt you or if you have caused the shattering within yourself, God reaches out and picks up the pieces and uses them to make something beautiful
I hope you will allow God’s Living water to permeate you and agree to connect with Him by stirring up the Holy Spirit within.  Allow Him to continually work at refining and forming you into mighty vessels and allowing God to be the Potter in You life.

 We each have our own God-given purpose

No comments:

Post a Comment