Monday, April 1, 2013

Trustworthy and Obedience


Trustworthy and Obedience
The Book of Esther

If I have found favor with you, Your Majesty, and if it pleases you, grant me my life - this is my petition - Esther 7:3

When God chooses us for a GREAT work, He always places us in a position for it to be fulfilled. Sometimes the position may seem uncomfortable or painful; however it has purpose behind it. The story may start off like a nightmare, but our God transitions us to the “happily ever after. Like Esther, that’s how my story began…

As I read the Book of Esther, over and over, throughout the entire book, Esther’s obedience was profound to me.  Her life displayed a reverence to God that is undeniable.  Not once did I read of Esther being disobedient. Unlike me and many others who would never admit it, always grumbling, complaining and dwelling on the past and always letting our emotions take over.  Esther showed me that what appears as painful obedience, is God putting you where He wants you for His purpose.  But because of my disobedience, God was showing me all the opportunities I was giving up. So, I had two choices to make, either - trust God or trust myself!

As I imagined the process of Esther before she came to the Royal Palace and being an orphaned, I related in many ways of how she must have felt.  The words lonely, lost, unwanted, worthless, unloved, and insignificant came to mind. But that didn’t stop Esther, her desire, her goals, were simply to please her king.  What better way to please someone than to give them back what they have so graciously offered to you.  Esther's obedience and trustworthy is painted throughout each chapter.  As I meditated on the first two 2 chapters, I understood that God was removing Vashti (Chapter 1) and setting up Esther (Chapter 2) in me. Vashti was known for her disobedient rebellion. Esther was known for her obedient and submission (Esther 2:20).   I had to go through an extreme spiritual make-over. God had to remove what was imperfect and broken and make it into something that is useful, whole and beautiful.  Because of Esther’s obedience, she found favor with the king and he asked in Esther 5:3, “What do you want, Queen Esther? What is your request? I will give it to you, even if it is half the kingdom!”  And now I hear God say, “What is your request Maribel ?”  So my prayer is:

My Heavenly Father,
Just like Esther, I truly desire to be used by You! I desire Your will to be done on earth as it is in heaven! I desire true deliverance from sin, bondage, deep hurts, infirmities, rejection, and the powers of darkness! Father, I ask that You use me even if it places me in positions that are uncomfortable. I will obey because You brought me to Your kingdom for such a time as this. In Jesus’ Name, Amen!

To Conclude: Godly submission, obedience and reverence should be our goals in life.  We cannot be submissive without obedience – one cannot be obedient without being submissive. They go hand-in-hand. As we submit unto God, he will give us grace during our trials and will provide for every need we have. He does not forsake us!  That is a promise that God tells us in Hebrew 13:5 - Never will I leave you; never will I forsake you. I believe God caused Esther to live such a life in the same circumstances as Vashti found herself, but Vashti was arrogant, stubborn and disobedient  contrary to Esther, who was humble, obedient and submissive. Like Esther, I had to learn how to live a lifestyle of obedience and submissive. I learned and understood the importance of being under authority and be submitted to every authority figure in my life.  Through Esther’s process, she proved herself to be trustworthy and God saw her full potential.  Again, like Esther, I want to have the ability to become what God wants me to become with His strength and wisdom, under His lordship and that I may be trustworthy enough so He can use me as a vessel, weak and lowly in myself, but filled with the fragrance of Christ.




One Night With The King - Beautiful History 



Written by Maribel Castillo
4/1/2013

1 comment:

  1. Amazing, Maribel -- You have a way of sharing your life experiences that touches the core of my convictions. I pray God will continue to inspire you to write and touched the lives of many of us that has struggle to even talk about their faults. Keep it up and God is with you and don't let anyone blow your fire to write and let God ignite it with the transparency that you share - Not many even in your circle would do that, sorry for being honest - but cover yourself for even your writing pierces into the hearts of those who are still hiding their true selves. Many blessings to you my sister in christ

    ReplyDelete