Monday, March 25, 2013

A Season of Change

A time to kill, and a time to heal; a time to break down, and a time to build up; Ecclesiastes 3:3


A Season of Change

As I was standing in my kitchen doing dishes and looking out my window, I see the tree that once was full of beautiful flowers and leaves is now empty and looking lonely. As I stared at its nakedness, I imagined how that tree also has to endure the changes of seasons. As I ponder and watch what is going on in the outdoors, I am reminded that just as humans undergo change, so does God’s creation. He calls them seasons; in Ecclesiastes 3:1 says: There is a time for everything, and a season for every activity under the heavens.  The four seasons of life are: Winter, Spring, Summer and Fall. Each of these seasons demands a particular action on our part.


During the Winter, we need to dream and plan. In Spring, we need to plant. For Summer, we must water and cultivate and during Fall, we finally reap and sow. We have to take the good and the bad to fully appreciate and enjoy this beautiful cycle of nature. Just like nature, there are also positive and negative lessons that come with changes in our own lives.

Spring was and is my favorite season because it is a season of growth. It is time where new birth takes place, the blossom of leaves, the grass, the flowers, the chirping of the birds, it's a time of growth and revival. It might sound silly to you,  but Spring enhances natural beauty and it seems as if nature is dressed in a beautiful green gown, especially when the spring showers fall upon the earth, it refreshes, it renews and it restores, for there to be fields of flowers, there has to be rain. The same is true in our own lives: for the winter to pass and spring to come, we have to experience the cold days. For the flowers to bloom, we have to walk through the rainstorms of life. There are some days when you may feel tall and beautiful as the trees look in full bloom in the summer. Other days, you may feel empty, exposed, and cold as the trees during the winter. I am currently undergoing a change of "season" in my personal life. As much as I enjoy the changes that God brings to His creation, I find it difficult to find the beauty in change that He allows to take place in my life personally. Thankfully, we serve a God who stands the test of time and journeys with us through the changes, whether it's a peak or a valley of each season. I can’t change the fact that change happens. But I have learned to control how to deal with it.

To anyone who is now currently going though a season, Be Still! Some changes that take place in nature are unpleasant and ugly, but it has to take place for us to be able to enjoy the beauty that comes as a result. I encourage you to see what God is trying to teach you through this season of your life. See the good in the emptiness of the trees because soon there will be beautifully colored leaves that fill the branches! Then we can look back and thank God for the change that took place to create the majesty of His creation and work in your life!  I would also like to point out, if you are walking with Jesus, no matter what changes you are going through, He is right by your side, for the Word tells us in Deuteronomy 31:6-- Be strong and courageous. Do not be afraid or terrified because of them, for the Lord your God goes with you; he will never leave you nor forsake you.” Even if you may feel alone, you are not. As I was going through a very personal and painful season of my life I learned to push more into Jesus. I came before His throne in prayer, worship, and true surrender and allowing God through His word to bring restoration and change into my life . It is amazing when you have no one but the Lord how much your intimacy with Him increases. So when you are undergoing change or when you feel alone - push into Jesus, come to Jesus, fall on Jesus. He will give you peace, rest, joy, fulfillment, and grace that can be found nowhere else and;  to know the love of Christ which surpasses knowledge, that you may be filled up to all the fullness of GodEphesians 3:19

To Conclude: I am convinced that God allows change so that we will learn to rely fully on His timing and presence, which increases our faith in the process! It is in these times in my life that the most spiritual growth has taken place. I hope that you will see the change that the Lord has allowed you to go through as a blessing. It may be hard to see the good in whatever you are going through right now, but let me put your worries to rest and tell you that God has a plan for you going through this change. I encourage you to look around and see the beauty of the change that is taking place before your very eyes! For the Word of God tells us in Romans 8:28--And we know that in all things God works for the good of those who love him, who have been called according to his purpose.




New Season Martha Munizzi Ft Israel Houghton



Written by Maribel Castillo 
12.10.2012

1 comment:

  1. Change is coming and not,the way I expected. But,God works everything for good for hus plans are greater than my plans. Thank u for sharung sus....Yolie.

    ReplyDelete