Thursday, March 15, 2012

Your Fragrance


I searched for You and found You. For many years now, You have proven that You will never leave me nor forsake me. Yet in those years, I also learned that I am not perfect like You. There were times when I kept my distance. There were times when I disobeyed. There were times when I deliberately blinded myself so I would not have to face the truth and act on it.

There were times when I could no longer smell Your fragrance.

“Many waters cannot quench love, nor can the floods drown it.” When You chose me, You promised to never let go. When I chose to love You back, I did not fully understand that to let go of You… was to let go of life. When circumstances kept me locked up in a room, You came to me instead. When I began to numb, You breathed new life into me.  And so it was, that as I became bogged down with “life” I began to long for other loves that I thought I needed. I began to question why I am still alone, why I haven’t met the man of my dreams; all the while seeing my friends get swept off their feet with the men they chose to marry. Time was passing me by. Suddenly, I found myself slowing down. No time to do chores. Only time to sit down.

In these quiet moments, You breathe Your fragrance on me.

Take me back to Day One. Capture me once more. Let my heart beat to the rhythm of Your heart. You are beautiful. Wonderful. Magnificent. Your love is so wide, so big, so unfathomable. Just when I thought Your biggest surprise has come, You manage to take my breath away once more… again, and again, and again. I find myself in tears, in awe; speechless, with only a deep sigh to respond to how much love I have received and am able to give. You sweep me off my feet. When You come and meet with me, You always leave a mark that will forever stay. No logic, no human knowledge, none of the most tangible and concrete things in this world can ever contain who You are, what You are, how You are. You are immeasurable. Uncontainable. Your ways are higher than my ways. Your thoughts are higher than my thoughts. Your love and faithfulness are deeper than I could ever imagine and hope for.

I have tasted and seen Your goodness. Now I cannot let go. When I am blinded by my insecurities, You show me that I am beautiful. I am fearfully and wonderfully made; crafted by Your perfect hands. You are my God and reason for existence. I can have all the knowledge in the world, but without You, I am nothing.

“I Love You.”

No comments:

Post a Comment