Friday, March 2, 2012

In God's Time

Have you ever noticed that God doesn’t operate on your timetable? He certainly doesn’t operate on mine.
God sets times for different things to happen. Every event, every relationship, everything has its season. And every purpose of heaven has its time. So if you are in a rush, you better stop and check yourself. That may be your impatience pushing you. Strive to keep your time schedule and time frame under God’s. Hand all the timing over to Him. He can handle it. I have seen Him do it. Growing in my trust in God, I often asked myself impatiently, “How can I keep faith while waiting on God to answer prayers?” As I have grown older (and hopefully wiser), God has shown me through His Word how to wait on His timing.

Only God can see the big picture. He has planned out everything to all come together perfectly in the end. Part of His plan includes working through our prayers. We pray, yet we doubt He hears us. He has promised, however, to hear His children. Although He hears us, He doesn’t always give the response we expect or the answer on our timetable. I prayed for years for God to bless me with a man that would honor me, respect me and love me. Every day, I prayed, believing God heard and would answer. My God used those years to work in my heart and bringing me to a place of restoration of my past, honoring myself, respecting myself and loving myself. The most important was having a deeper relationship with him and knowing who I was in HIM. In God’s eyes, it is a breath His time is not in my time.

I must tell you it wasn’t easy waiting on God, there were times that the enemy wanted to discourage me, by using against me the thoughts of worry, doubt, frustration, discouragement, and impatience so I would run ahead of God and we get into a rush for things and forget that God has His own timetable for things.  His timing is always perfect. Time is a great tool for teaching patience. With God, time is nothing, but with us, it seems forever and actually when you think about it, time for us will always seem forever.
  • We become impatient, when we are waiting for a prolonged period time, for the Father to do something in our lives. We find ourselves becoming discouraged, even convincing ourselves that God will NOT answer, so we try to run ahead of Him and take matter into our own hands. The enemy’s objective is to get you to step out of the will of God for that is disobedience and sin! He does not want you to receive what you are believing God for! So if he can get you to run ahead of God, that means you are not walking with God! How can two walk together except they agree. We must agree with God and wait on God’s timing; no matter how long it takes!

  • In the meantime, while waiting on God to answer prayers, I took inventory of all my blessing.  Turn the wait into a treasure hunt for the blessings that we often take for granted. To remember all your prayers, keep a prayer journal, listing all your prayers with the date of request. Now and then, lift up the requests to God, and record the date you received an answer.

Never forget that answers come in God’s time -- not ours. Like he tells us in {Jeremiah 29:11} "For I know the plans I have for you,’ declares the LORD, ‘plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future.’God has promised His own a hopeful future.  Rest in God’s faithfulness. He will answer you.


He may not come when you want Him, but we all have to admit, He’s always on time! So trust God, dear sisters. You will see the salvation of God at work and by doing this is to tap into this source of inner life, peace, strength, and confidence is by learning to quiet ourselves and wait on the Lord. To put it another way, we need to learn how to practice the presence of God in our daily lives.  The closer we get to the Lord, the gentler His voice becomes. The more we learn how to listen, the easier it becomes to hear Him speak. It is always a faith walk. Sometimes we may feel like nothing is happening, but the reality is that we are soaking up His presence. Then, when we least expect it, at God's appointed time He "opens the valve", and floods of blessing and glory come gushing out of us that we had no idea had even been deposited there.


Heavenly Father,
I have been waiting for a desire of my heart for so long now, and I come before You today to ask your help. I pray that You will increase my faith and patience so that I will put my whole trust in your perfect timing and plan for my life. I will put my complete trust in You with confidence and eager expectation of Your answer, whatever that answer may be and whenever that answer may come. Thank you Father, for hearing my prayers and will answer in Your time and in Your way.  I believe with my heart, mind and soul Your plan for my life is the best one possible and I thank You for Your answer....Father, being in Your will is the safest place I can ever be, in Jesus Precious Name, Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment