Saturday, March 3, 2012

Give The Key To God

The Bible tells us that Satan is a roaring lion seeking someone to devour. Sometimes the hidden parts of our hearts, the ones that we have not given to God, are where Satan wants to sink his teeth. As long as we have that key hidden, Satan can get to it.
There’s only one solution. Don’t hide the key. Give the key to God. No more hiding. No more shame. Give God every compartment of your heart your whole heart.
Today I am going to flip-flop our prayer and response. I’d like for us to reflect before we pray together…Is there something that you’ve been “hiding” from God?

Are there hidden areas of your life that are locked up like an old storage closet that Satan continues to open from time to time?  Are you willing to give that key to God so that Satan can never use it against you again? If so, pray with me...

Let’s Pray

Dear Lord, for too long I’ve been clinging to this one area of my life. (Say what that area is). I’ve kept it shut tight and hidden the key from You. Unfortunately, Satan has used the key many times to rob me of my peace and my joy. He’s reminded me of my sin and shame. Today, I give that key to You. I give You my whole heart … every single bit of my life….In Jesus’ name, Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment