Tuesday, February 28, 2012

Our Tears

I confess I’m a crier. I cry at movies, at graduations, weddings, and funerals. I cry when I hear a sad story, when someone else cries, listening to certain songs, when I share what God has done in my life, when I’m angry, and even when I laugh hard enough. It can be at times embarrassing for one thing. And for another, it puts people in an awkward position. But crying can be a good thing! God created tears – it is in His design that we cry. It tells us in {Psalm 56:8} “You keep track of all my sorrows. You have collected all my tears in your bottle. You have recorded each one in your book.”

God not only keeps track of all our sorrows, hurts and heartaches, He has recorded them in His book. Every tear we’ve cried He has stored in our bottle, the one He keeps just for us...Have you ever stopped to consider that God is keeping track of all your sorrows? He knows each one of them. He has seen you cry until you can’t cry any more. He has witnessed your heartache over a difficult child, a stubborn, a broken friendship, or the death of a loved one. He has seen your tears when you have cried all alone in the dark, not sure of where to turn or where to go. He has recorded each one in His book and collected your tears in the bottle He has just for you. How precious you are to Him!...Let the tears flow and know that your God cares for you intimately and with great passion!

Father, Thank you for seeing our tears and for the promise that we are never alone in our sorrows. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment