Tuesday, February 28, 2012

In The Desert and Wilderness Places

Often times in the desert and wilderness places of our journey’s there are many circumstances that just don’t make sense. And often the battle within our being is wrestling with the question, “Where is God?” Well, I have to say over the past 2 plus years of my desert journey this has been a frequent battleground with the enemy. Satan maneuvers to tempt me to agree with him that My God has abandoned me, that God has left me alone in this place. It was an every day struggle. And to my mind and my flesh, it really did feel that way. However, I’ve learned those feelings become the enemy’s scheme of deception. His lies got me to thinking it was all me, but it wasn't! It was him tempting me to agree with him so that he can take me captive to his lies and I refuse to surrender to my enemy...

One common battle that comes along with this desert journey is a lonely isolation that I normally would not embrace. You see I am a people person, love the interaction, and the life that comes from fellowship, especially with my family and extended church family. Another thought that surfaces is the different times where I discover the emptiness of many of my efforts. After many attempts of taking what appeared to be the right path, I suddenly discover at some point that I am simply spinning my wheels and fighting God’s direction, getting nowhere. This experience happened a number of times until I came to the realization that there was something My God was trying to say to me here.

There were a lot of areas in my life that I needed to work on, repent of and ask for forgiveness. This journey has helped me to do just that. The Lord really helped me by showing me through scripture that I can overcome shame that was hidden away inside of me, and how to break those strongholds in my life in order to find true peace. I have learned through this season, with the tools which are; the Word of God, fasting, praying and spending time with God in my secret place how to deal with many situations and I must say, I have received such peace by putting God first to my everyday life. Anxiety, despair and hopelessness which kept me in bondage, has become a thing of the past. The Lord has helped me to discover the “TRUE TREASURES” in life. My faith has increased. My love for God and others have increased as I have learned how important the four cornerstones are. I am an over-comer. I am victorious. I am a princess. I am His beloved. I am His Bride! I have become a Woman of Peace!

I know my journey is not over, there is much more that my Heavenly God has to take me through but for now, I have embraced my desert season and Thank God that HE never left me nor forsaken me.......So My Friend.....whatever battlefield or desert you find yourself in this moment always know that our Father in Heaven is with you, for he has promised He will never leave you or forsake you. This my friend is the truth that sets us free!!

No comments:

Post a Comment