Tuesday, June 25, 2013

A Dedication to Friends



I thank God For My Friends... A Dedication !!

My heart is overflowing with gratitude.  As I received emails, texts, face book messages, instragram, phone calls in the past few days during and after my birthday wishes of the many friends and family God has given me.  These people share my life, and help make me who I am.  With these wonderful spirits, I laugh, cry, and scream; exchange ideas and secrets; share dreams, fears, and my proudest moments.

  You were my strength when I was weak.  You were my voice when I couldn't speak.  I’m everything I am because you loved me.


The book of James (1:17) says that every good and perfect gift comes from God.  And James was so right.  I am thoroughly convinced that my friends could have only been sent to me through God’s design.  They are just right for me.  God expresses amazing love through them–love that holds me up and keeps me strong.  So for just a moment, I want to offer God thanks for the wonderful gift they are and for what they bring to my life: 

I WANT TO THANK EACH and Everyone of YOU: 

For always listening intently and standing with me in my pain.  For reminding me of God’s promises for my life.


 For understanding me like no other!  For reminding me that I am still blessed and full of purpose, even when I am at my worst. 

For being there for sooooo long.  For checking on me when you know I am upset.  For being my “ride or die,” willing to snap on ANYBODY messing with me!  LOL!

For not judging me after I made mistakes.  For being sooo much fun!  And for encouraging me to start my blog !


For being my homie since we in grammar school!  For showing so much love for so long.  For your kind heart and sweet spirit!

For staying so cool for many years.  For unforgettable memories.  For a smile that expresses so much love

For always having a loving heart and loyalty like no other!  For sleepovers, birthdays, and strawberry daquiris!  LOL!

For listening to my ideas and doing "girlfriend theology" with me! 


For praying for me when I am lost, unsure, or confused

For always being there whenever I need my big sister!  For interceding when I am going through storms.  
      


For your support when I was sick.  For keeping me laughing!


For listening as I walked through some turbulent times.  For sharing your life, so that I would know what to do.





For being a constant loving presence in my life.  For good times in Boston!  For listening to my hurt.  For encouraging me to move forward! 


For listening to me when I’m upset.  For reminding me that it will all work out eventually.

For being loyal and real all the time.  For encouraging me always!  For listening.

For listening.  For praying.  For being there always.


For being my sister, prayer partner, and for making me part of your life’s most sacred moment . 



For pushing me intellectually.

For being honest with me.  For caring.  For showing up to support and when I needed help.  For inspiring me to write!

For being part of my special day

For confronting me in love
           



For staying closer than a friend

For feeding me when I was hungry 

For your Godly advises when I was walking in the crooked road

 For sending me a text message when I needed encouragement
 For allowing me to be part of your lfie
For being in the same page of our past

For enjoying dress up days
 

This list is certainly not finished.  I thank God for friends who have come and gone.  I thank God for new people who I am still getting to know.

I encourage you to take a moment and say thank you to your closest friends; they are truly God’s gift to you.  Tomorrow is not promised to anyone.  Say thank you today.  Send a card in the mail, post on their wall on face-book, send a text, or make a call.  Say thank you.

“I thank my God every time I remember you, constantly praying with joy in every one of my prayers for all of you.” (Philippians 1: 3-4)






Gift Of A Friend - Demi Lovato ( Lyrics )


Written by Maribel Castillo
June 24, 2013












No comments:

Post a Comment