Thursday, July 5, 2012

Treasured Memories



As I ponder and look back in my life, I must say it has been a very fascinating adventure full of happiness, joy, sadness, lots of tears, painful times but yet some I rather keep in my box of memories I have treasured throughout my life. But of course, it is only the happy moments of my life that I keep. I like to keep those happy moments because they are the ones that keep my hope alive.  Hope is the very essence that feeds my faith and it nurtures my heart to believe that happiness does exist all around me. I have learned that you create your own happiness even in the midst of pain, pain of losing someone you loved, a relationship gone bad, ending a friendship, at least for me I had lots of happy moment and those are the ones I decided to treasure up, did you notice I said “decided” because I made the decision to keep the happy memories to avoid filling my heart  with hate and bitterness and carry the pain that weight me down for so many years, at first it wasn’t easy, but with much determination I decided to free myself and accept  the good times and release the bad and that gave me a fulfilling sense of peace that lets me enjoy the happiness that I created in my heart and it flows from my mind to my entire being. 

Keeping the happy memories also fills me with much contentment to live the now; allowing the happy memories to outweigh the bad gives me a sense of freedom to be able to enjoy my life to the fullest. It helps me to keep my mind free from bondage, it keeps my heart young and it lets my spirit dance to every beat of my heart releasing within me peace and joy that overflows with the unexplainable feelings that keeps me young and strong.

Written on 7/5/2012 by Maribel O’Neill

No comments:

Post a Comment